Fried Egg Plant (Brinjal)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Servings: 4 people
1-2 Egg Plants (Brinjals), about 3 inches in diameter
6-8 tbsp gram flour (besan), sieved
1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp rice flour
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp chili powder
Oil for shallow frying
Salt to taste
1. Wash the Egg Plants (Brinjals), cut them into 1/3rd inches thick slices.
2. Apply one teaspoon salt to sliced Egg Plants (Brinjals) and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Mix remaining ingredients, except oil with enough water to produce a coating batter.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan, dip the Egg Plants (Brinjals) slices in batter and shallow fry over medium heat till golden brown.
5. Drain on paper towel.
6. Serve it hot and crispy during evening snack time.